Have you set a 2020 New Year’s resolution that includes getting better with your money?
Today I’m going to cover 7 easy things you can do that will help you make those resolutions a reality this year.
It’s the first week of the new year and if you’re like me, your setting some goals for yourself for 2020.
New Year’s resolutions are all about getting rid of bad habits and getting better at things we need to be better at. The typical ones are exercising more, saving money, eating healthier and losing weight.
50% of Americans set a goal that involves their money, so you aren’t alone
Money is one of those things that we deal with every day. Its constantly coming and going. So how do you step out of the day to day grind enough to really make some changes?
Last week I talked about how to define financial success. How do you know what goals to set and help you define what you are trying to accomplish?
This week we are going to discuss seven concrete things you can do to succeed with your financial 2020 New Year’s resolutions.
Here they are:
- Set some goals that are realistic, doable and VERY specific. (there’s a free download for this one)
- Become aware of your spending – it’s the simplest and most effective way to start feeling in control (and it doesn’t have to be hard). After 20 years I STILL do it EVERY SINGLE MONTH.
- Up Your Contributions to your retirement accounts – no matter how big or how little you can add, you’ll thank yourself when you get to retirement for those 2020 contributions.
- Don’t Watch the Stock Market – set up your strategy and have faith. This is clearly the easiest one of the seven.
- Get Better at What You Do for a Living – its easier (and more fun) to make more money than it is to cut spending.
- Get a support system – whether you are an introvert or a social butterfly, you need a support system for structure, guidance, camaraderie and a safety net.
- Focus on the Future, Not the Past – Money is always moving. You can’t deal with it and be done with it so set your sites on what’s in your future for 2020.
Check out this week’s show so you can get started…..the momentum will follow!!!!
The great thing about these seven ways to achieve greater financial success and crush your 2020 New Year’s resolutions, is they’re easy and anyone can do them. All you have to do is make a plan, follow through, and take action.
Make sure you download your goal worksheet, fill it out and put it somewhere you’ll see it every day. CLICK HERE for the download.
Don’t forget that my FAST Money Management Program is opening for enrollment at the beginning of January. To sign up to get on the wait list so you know when enrollment opens, CLICK HERE
If you have similar stories you’d like to share, please add them in the comments below. Don’t be shy. Chances are about 100% that whatever you are doing, whatever challenge you face, someone else is in the same shoes. Your story may help them and make them feel no so quite alone.
Thank you so much for watching, sharing, and encouraging everybody else in this community. You make a difference!
Welcome to the new decade!!!!
*** RESOURCES FROM TODAY’S SHOW ***
*** JOIN THE YOUR MONEY MADE EASY COMMUNITY ***
Tired of the way the money in your life makes you feel? Why do we feel like we are supposed to know how to manage money when it’s not something we are taught when we are growing up? No worries…I’ve got you covered.
I created the Your Money Made Easy support group for women that want to learn how money works and want to be surrounded by other women that are changing the way they manage the money in their lives.
When you join Your Money Made Easy, you not only will have access to the support of other successful, like-minded people, but you also will have access to the FREE trainings and resources from me! Having a group lets me make my content more personal and exclusive to the members of the group.
Sound good to you? REQUEST TO JOIN!
** SAY HI ON SOCIAL **